For the SXSW 2012 festival in Austin, Texas, I produced a panel featuring leading thinkers responding to my New Aesthetic project.
It featured (with links to talks):
- James Bridle, convenor, on the meaning of the New Aesthetic.
- Joanne McNeil, editor of Rhizome, on the history of new aesthetics, on new perspectives, technologies and art.
- Ben Terrett, designer, on the New Aesthetic in commercial visual culture.
- Aaron Straup Cope, artist and developer, on drones, data and human geography.
- Russell Davies, planner, on the New Aesthetic and writing.